Dfcu bank has closed its Bwaise branch following a robbery attempt yesterday in which some of its staff were severely beaten by the robbers and are now undergoing treatment.
“There was an attempted robbery at one of our Kampala branches in Bwaise. Several armed men ambushed our staff as they were closing up to leave the branch after work,” the bank said in statement published Tuesday by management on the bank’s website.
“The affected staff are currently receiving medical attention and counselling. We are doing everything to ensure they get back to their feet as quickly as possible,” the statement continued.
The statement said the bank officials were reviewing the security measures in place to enhance the safety and security of our people.
“Our Bwaise branch will remain closed today as investigations are underway. In the meantime, customers are being served at the Makerere and Kawempe branches which are the closest in proximity,” the statement concluded.
Source: Eagle Online
Latest from Earth Finds
- TripAdvisor Awards ‘Best of the Best’ Speke Resort Munyonyo
- Incorporate Raised Gender Sensitivity Issues In EACOP ESIA Report
- Save Forests & Wetlands To Avoid Human-Animal Conflicts
- Chevron's E. Guinea, Cameroon Entry Could Be Turning Point for Central Africa's Gas Industry
- Climate Financing By Leading Multilateral Development Banks Tops $61.6bn