Victoria University Kampala today handed over 300 scholarship to Betty Kamya, the cabinet minister for Kampala. The scholarship were handed over by Rajiv Ruparelia the promoter of the University Wednesday morning.
Rajiv recently unveiled the Rajiv Ruparelia Youth Scholarships that will through Victoria University offer over 1,100 scholarships to youths joining Victoria University. He said the scholarships are aimed at uplifting the lives of underprivileged Ugandans especially the youth.
In April, Rajiv wrote a letter to the Minister of State for Youth and Children Affairs announcing the scholarship. The letter revealed that the scholarship covers 70 percent of the tuition fee.
In the later Rajiv noted that minimum qualification for the degree programme is two principal passes and one principal pass for the diplomas.
The scholarships are to cater to the students who are offering the following courses; Faculty of Health Sciences (200 scholarships), Faculty of Business Management (150), Faculty of science and Technology (200), Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences (250) and lastly, Department of Petroleum and Energy Studies (300).
The Rajiv Ruparelia Youth Scholarships have just completed enrolling Patrick Senyonjo aka Fresh Kid at Kampala Parents’ School under a seven year scholarship. The seven year will be facilitated until he completes primary seven.
Latest from Eve Mbasabye
- Cannabis Business To Create Jobs, Bring In Foreign Currency- Says Premier Hemp Boss
- Enrolment For 2020 Academic Year Opens At Delhi Public School International
- IMF Report Calls For Reforms At Bank Of Uganda
- KISU's Dinner Dance Proceeds To Fund School’s CAS Projects
- Valentine’s Day: Lovers To Be Treated To Romantic Dining Experience At La Cabana