The Ruparelia Foundation will in the Academic year 2019/2020 give out over 1,100 scholarships to youths joining Victoria University, Watchdog Uganda has reported, quoting a letter to the ministry of education from Rajiv Ruparelia, a director of the Foundation.
The scholarships are aimed at uplifting the lives of underprivileged Ugandans especially the youth.
In a letter to the Ministry of State for Youth and Children Affairs, copied to Victoria University Council, Vice-Chancellor, Guild President and Admission’s office, Rajiv Ruperelia, the director of the Rajiv Ruperelia Youth Scholarship said that scholarships are to cover 70 per cent of the tuition fees.
The scholarships are to cater to the students who are offering the following courses; Faculty of Health Sciences (200 scholarships), Faculty of Business Management (150), Faculty of science and Technology (200), Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences (250) and lastly, Department of Petroleum and Energy Studies (300).
He noted that minimum qualification for the degree programme is two principal passes and one principal pass for the diplomas.
Latest from Earth Finds
- Energy Ministry Should Desist From Licencing Out Ngaji Oil Block
- Why Oil Revenue Resources May Not Spur Uganda Into A Middle Income Country
- EACOP To Increase Uganda’s Vulnerability To Climate Change
- FORECAST: Electromaxx Unstable Power To Cost Museveni, NRM Votes In Arua
- Huawei's New ICT Empowers Smart Grids But Electric Power Industry Needs Urgent Transformation