For students to learn effectively, schools must put in place policies that make it easy for real transfer of knowledge. This means that school administration must think outside the box to ensure this is possible because today’s learner faces different challenges from those in the past.
While some schools are struggling to cope up, others like Delhi Public School International, located at Plot 17-25, Saddler Way, Naguru, Kampala, Uganda, are walking the talk. The school is an international school owned by the Ruparelia Group in Kampala. It also offers various international curriculums.
For effective teaching, the school has set up the following policies to guide its teaching operations.
- Motivating and nurturing school environment that supports and encourages lifelong learning
• Professional and proficient teachers with a passion for education
• Well-researched and thoughtful school curriculum, which promotes creativity, curiosity, determination, independence, self-reliance, adaptability and team work
• Integrated Learning Approach with emphasis on experimentation, self-discovery, high level of engagement, hands-on experience and exam preparation
• Stimulating learning environment that creates eager and active learners and nurtures their thinking, analyzing and learning capabilities.
The implementation of such policies has seen children not only learn and develop through formal methods of teaching but also though various ways some of which include project presentations, hands-on experiences and field trips.
“At DPS, we organize exciting experiential learning opportunities through field trips which are planned at every level for specific educational purposes. Children visit surrounding farms, interact with local communities and glimpse their culture and lifestyles. These excursions also help widen knowledge of the environment, besides expanding observational skills.
“Through these opportunities, they are able to explore the differences and similarities in the world beyond the class boundaries in respect to their academic areas, thus adding value to their academics.
All Classrooms at DPSI are equipped with smart boards to make learning sessions more interesting and beneficial to both the students and teachers.
The school administrators and teachers work hand in hand to make DPSI the best international school and hold themselves responsible for the school's success. Admissions for ages 3 to 18years are open! Apply now
Admissions are ongoing. Call us on Tel:+256701525746 for more details.
Latest from Kayla Namulondo
- Ethan Kavuma Wins Sanyu FM Hot Mic Talent Search
- Speke Resort, Munyonyo Commonwealth Resort Lure Customers With These Offers
- New E-Commerce Platform Nofeka Brings Fresh Shopping Experience
- Speke Resort Adhering To Strict Health Guidelines As It Reopens
- COVID19: Kampala Parents Executes Learn At Home TV Show To Help PLE Candidates