The Prime Minister’s office will receive two New Tata Xenon XLT S.CAB 4X2 pickups from Dr. Sudhir Ruparelia’s Ruparelia Group as a donation towards the fight against coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in the country.
Prime Minister Ruhakana Rugunda will receive the vehicles that will play a significant role in enabling government fight of the virus. Uganda has so far registered 48COVID-19 cases and the affected persons are receiving treatment.
Last week, Ruparelia Foundation and Cedric Babu Ndlima, the aspiring Kampala Central Member of Parliament toured parishes in Kampala and gave out food and health kits. They also sensitized Kampalans giving them information about the virus.
Many private companies in the country are donating to the government efforts of securing Ugandans from the virus. This was re-echoed by President Yoweri Museveni’s call to leading businesses in the country to donate to the fight.
Ever since Uganda announced its first case of COVID-19, the president has announced numerous measures to curb the spread of the virus. Among the measure being implemented is the ban on public and private transport and a curfew.
Latest from Eve Mbasabye
- Kampala Landlords Demand For Tax Waivers, Tax Holiday
- COVID-19: Speke Resort Munyonyo, Other Five Star Hotels To Quarantine Repatriated Ugandans
- Speke Resort Munyonyo Hosts Cavendish University Scientific Graduation
- Hotels Start Opening For Business As Uganda Rises From COVID-19 Lockdown
- Insurers Goldstar, Prudential Team Up To Offer COVID19 Insurance