Kampala Parents’ School has new prefectorial leadership after swearing-in student leaders this Friday morning at the school campus in Naguru.
The new cabinet will be led by Ian Calton Muyimba, the head boy and Agartha Ahumuza, the head girl. The event was witnessed by students, teachers, school management, parents and invited guests.
The two teens swore to perform their duties earnestly and to the best of their abilities, adhere to the code of conduct and school rules and set a good example by behaviours, honesty and to help the young ones become better citizens.
The school director Rajiv Ruparelia in his speech said that by taking up leadership roles, the prefects are setting an example of thousands of other Ugandan children who should aspire to be the future leaders of this country.
“You are lucky to come to a school like Kampala Parents' School. Don't take that opportunity for granted. Take it and nurture it. Take what you get from this school and share it with the rest of the world. You will be a good job,” Rajiv said.
The minister of state for Youth and Children Affairs Florence Nakiwala Kiyingi, who presided over the swearing-in ceremony, appointed the head boy, head girl and Patrick Ssenyonjo aka Fresh Kid to do advocacy work to stop children from going to streets as beggars.
Latest from Eve Mbasabye
- Sanyu FM Owner Reveals Intentions To Start TV Station
- Kampala Landlords Demand For Tax Waivers, Tax Holiday
- COVID-19: Speke Resort Munyonyo, Other Five Star Hotels To Quarantine Repatriated Ugandans
- Speke Resort Munyonyo Hosts Cavendish University Scientific Graduation
- Hotels Start Opening For Business As Uganda Rises From COVID-19 Lockdown